Opting Out of Prescreened Offers of Credit
You can use this tool to generate your own opt out letter. By opting out, you will eliminate the credit card offers that can be intercepted by ID thieves. This tool also generates a distribution list and envelopes. Remember to save a copy of this letter with your other important credit document.s
We don't collect any data from these request letters and the responses can be emailed or downloaded directly to MS Word. If you need instructions on how to order your credit report, check out our page on How to Order Your Credit Reports. Feel free to call our office to discuss any errors you find at (888) 400-CREDIT | (888) 400-2733 or contact us through this site. In Michigan, you can reach our office at (248) 208-8864.
You may have a case under the Fair Credit Reporting Act if you notice the following things on your background report:
- Fraudulent identity theft accounts on your credit credit report.
- Someone else's Information on your credit report.
- Paid accounts still showing a balance due.
- Reporting your accounts in good standing as charged off or in collections.
- Discharged debts still reporting as owed.
- Paid tax lies showing as still owed.
- Derogatory accounts more than 7 years old still on your report.
- Previously deleted accounts that have been reinserted on your report.
- Duplicate reporting of the same account.
If you would like help with one of these problems, call (888) 400-CREDIT | (888) 400-2733 or contact us through this site.