Super Lawyers
State Bar of Michigan
Thunderhead Ranch

Most Important Credit Reports to Order

Credit Reports to Order

Most people are aware of the "Big Three" credit bureaus, Experian, Equifax and Trans Union. But there are literally hundreds of credit bureaus, many reporting on specialized subject matters that consumers are unaware of. Below is a listing of credit bureaus (also known as "consumer reporting agencies") with a description of their subject matter.

Conventional Credit Bureaus

These credit reporting agencies maintain credit data from most creditors, debt collectors, and banks. The information usually includes information about the account the account status and the associated payment history. Here is their contact information.

  • Experian
  • Equifax
  • Trans Union
  • Innovis

If you would like to order your reports, you can use our fillable requests or sample request forms. You can also read our article How to Order Your Reports for instructions on the request process.

If you have already received your reports and found errors, you can read our article on how to dispute Your Credit Report.

If you have already disputed something on your report and still need the help removing the item, you can contact us for a free consultation with one of our attorneys by calling (248) 208-8864 or contact us through this site.

Banking and Checking Credit Reports
  • Early Warning
  • Telecheck
  • ChexSystems
Background Checks
  • LexisNexis
  • First Advantage
  • Checkr
  • Intellicorp
Insurance Reports
  • CLUE
  • MIDB
What Additional Resources Are Available to Help?Common Cases

You may have a case under the Fair Credit Reporting Act if you notice the following things on your background report:

  • Fraudulent identity theft accounts on your credit credit report.
  • Someone else's Information on your credit report.
  • Paid accounts still showing a balance due.
  • Reporting your accounts in good standing as charged off or in collections.
  • Discharged debts still reporting as owed.
  • Paid tax lies showing as still owed.
  • Derogatory accounts more than 7 years old still on your report.
  • Previously deleted accounts that have been reinserted on your report.
  • Duplicate reporting of the same account.

If you would like help with one of these problems, call (888) 400-CREDIT | (888) 400-2733 or contact us through this site.

Credit Restoration and Compensation

If you have completed the dispute process and you still can't get the credit bureaus to correct your report, the FCRA allows you to sue agencies. In most cases we are able to remove the false information, correct the report and get compensation for any credit denials, job loss, or emotional harm caused by the other side's violation of the law.

Your Fees Paid for You

We only charge a fee if we are able to recover for you, and The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires the other side to pay your attorney's fees if you win. You pay nothing up front and we take our fee from the other side.

Help with Your Dispute

If you would like help with your credit report dispute, you can call our office at (888) 400-CREDIT or simply send us an email through this site. If you prefer, you can visit our resource page for credit report request letters and sample disputes.

Follow Up and Monitoring

After your case is done, we will help you to regularly check and monitor your background checks with free annual reviews of your background checks and credit reports to insure that you stay free of false conviction information. 

Work with an Experienced Credit Report Attorney

If you have been the subject of an inaccurate credit report, you may have be able to seek a correction and compensation for any harm. Our firm can help. For more than 25 years, the attorneys of Lyngklip & Associates have represented victims of bogus credit reports credit reports and been a resource for Michigan consumers who need the help of an experienced lawyer.

To learn more or to schedule a free initial consultation with a credit report lawyer, contact our law firm today or call (888) 400-CREDIT | (888) 400-2733 or contact us through this site. In Michigan, you can reach our office at (248) 208-8864.